Scientific themes of the international symposium on water & desertification
The first themes: water resources and desertification and agricultural techniques water resources
– Surface and groundwater
– Water management
– Water harvesting
– Water recycling
– New irrigation techniques
– Aquatic therapy
– Water security
– International conventions and agreements relative to the field of water
– Water conflicts in regional and global scale
Desertification and the desert
– Combating desertification
– Desert areas development
– Desert geology
– Regional and international cooperation in the field of desertification
– Different techniques of desertification modeling
Agricultural techniques in arid and semi-arid regions
– Plantation in arid and semi-arid areas
– Plant diversity
– Anti-drought harvest
– Agricultural methods in arid and semi-arid regions
– Role of scientific research in finding solutions for agriculture in vulnerable regions
– Food security
– Latest techniques and discoveries in the field of agriculture
– Use of remote sensing in water irrigation optimization
The role of Geospace and GIS in research and finding solutions for water, agricultural and desertification problems
– Geospace technologies
– GIS publications
– Use of remote sensing in water resources management
Second theme : Energy and energy security
– New and renewable energy.
– Waste recycling in generating energy.
– Arab integration in Energy field.
– Water desalination and sweetening for seas and oceans and new treating methods.
– The future of new and renewable energy in the Arab countries.
– The economics of the production of new and renewable energy.
_Thermal water and its uses
Third theme : Water and food security in the Arab world
Arab water security
-The future of water security in the Arab world.
– Transboundary water and its problems.
– Transgressions and stealing of the Arab water resources
– Wastewater Treatment (gray) “Industrial Wastewater and sewage water”.
– Ways of developing Arab water resources.
– Economics of extraction and water usage.
Arab food security
– Arab food security system (production, consumption, trade per capita).
– Arab food gap and the future of reducing this Arab food gap (oils, sugar, meat, grain and legumes).
– Intra-Arab trade in the field of food commodities.
– Arab-Arab trade and its impact on reducing the food gap.
– Arab integration strategies in the field of food security.
– Land reclamation projects and the exploitation of the available land.
– Horizontal and vertical expansion.
– The role of the industrialization of agriculture and food preservation.
– Concentrating on the livestock and poultry.
– Agricultural Extension and its role in rural development.
Fourth theme : Climatic and environmental changes
– The impact of climatic and environmental changes on the future of the food security.
– The impact of climate change on water resources availability.
– Climate Change and the future of energy in world .
– Climatic and environmental changes and their effects on coastal cities.
Fifth theme: International conventions and local laws on energy and water resources and the environment
- Exploitation of water resources
- Valleys and rivers
- Desertification and desert
- Environment and Climate Change
- Energy and energy extraction
1- Researchers, academics, graduated students and faculty members 350 Euros or its equivalent
2- Participation with a work paper or a poster: 350 Euros
3- Presence: 350 Euros
4 – Students 275 Euros
- Access to all activities
- Publication of the research after
- Coffee break
- Symposium case
- Certificate of participation
Sending abstracts: 20/ 02/ 2020
Complete works: 20 /03/ 2020
Powerpoint presentations: 20/03/ 2020
Posters: 15 /03/ 20
Arabic, French or English
Accommodation and the symposium hotel
The symposium and the accommodation of participants will take place in one of Istanbul’s hotels
- Adresse : 112, Rue Radhia Haddad. 1001 Tunis. Tunisie
- E mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Téléphones: + 216 71 24 56 92
- WhattsApp: + 216 21 91 22 95 ; + 216 50 92 29 12